What should I expect?
1) After you've decided to take a trip to 9255 Main St., your first thought might be: what should I wear? Honestly? My answer is always whatever you're most comfortable in. However, if you're like me, then you would end up coming to church wearing those old sweats and that t-shirt from high school that has a few holes in it. Traditionally, on Sundays, there will be people wearing their "Sunday Best", like me, I'll be in a suit. However, throughout the congregation, you might see a suit, maybe a tie, some dresses, a flannel shirt or two, and even some blue jeans. Bottom line, now that you know what to expect, you can make an education decision based on that information.
2) Partking at APC is pretty simple. Look for one of our volunteers, who, if they don't recognize your car, will direct you to our preferred parking spots for our guests. Or, if you prefer to just park wherever, that is fine also!
3) Entrance to our church is at the corner of the building right by where you will enter the property. Upon walking into the building, you will be greeted by our First Impressions team. Warning! There will be a lot of handshaking! I laugh at this often, my joke is, there is more handshaking at church than at a political rally! To be fair, everyone means well. If you are so inclined, please complete a brief guest registration card, that way I can personally thank you for joining us at APC!
4) After you have entered our small foyer, feel free to use our restrooms, which are located in that area also. Note: we do provide access to a nursery, however, at this time, it is not staffed. At that point, you are free to move about the cabin! Entry through the double doors, and find a seat that will work for you. We don't have "saved" seats, so you are welcome to sit anywhere.
5) Our 10:30 service on Sunday begins with open prayer. People might be walking around, praying aloud. It's okay. That's our normal. At 10:45, there will be a song selection, followed by a bible study for our adults (children ages 3-18 meet over in the Annex, located across the parking lot). At around 11:30, we transition to our worship service, where there will be a handful of songs, often we take time to pray for the sick, and there will be about a 30 minute sermon. We do like to finish our services with everyone gathering at the front, this gives me and our ministry team an opportunity to pray with as many people as possible.
I can't wait for the opportunity to meet you in person! I really believe that you and I are going to be a part of an awesome, dynamic day at APC! Please, make yourself at home, open your heart and mind, and allow God to do something unbelievable in your life!